As a kindergarten teacher, it has been a struggle for me finding ways to implement technology into my classroom. I am learning many new things about Google tools and I think that using some of these tools with my students would be very beneficial to their learning. I have two classroom computers and a large projector screen with an adapter for my laptop. I think that using Google Maps or Google Earth to show my students where we live would be interesting for all of them. Part of our social studies curriculum is learning about neighborhoods, towns, and our state. Not only would Google Maps allow the students to create their own town map and include places important to them, but it would also be a way to help them make the connection between where we live in relation to other places in SD.
I also like using Google Docs. Uploading and creating documents on Google is easier than trying to keep track of a jump drive. Making a newsletter or informational powerpoint (for parents) and uploading it to Google Docs would be an easy way to keep them informed on what is happening in the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your idea of using google maps to show the kids where they live. They would absolutely love it and would think that it's so cool!
ReplyDelete